Black Widow –
Did You Know?
1. Female black widows often eat their partner after they mate
2. Female black widows, if undisturbed, work on one web for their entire lives, constantly spinning and perfecting it! This is also how she attracts a mate.
3. Their bites cause muscle spasms
4. Adult male and female black widows differ in a few ways. Females are deadly, where a males are not. Females are also about three times bigger than males. As well, juvenile black widows, both male and female, are not harmful either.
5. Their egg sacs hold hundreds of spiderling! Check out this video of a black widow egg sac hatching: